- Patterson Companies, Inc. – Trial counsel for Patterson Companies, Inc. in several federal court cases accusing the company of conspiring with its primary rivals to fix prices and boycott ‘buying groups’. The Baker Botts team was granted favorable settlements in two separate competitor boycott cases (SourceOne and IQ Dental, E.D.N.Y.), and resolved an FTC lawsuit, after an eight-week administrative trial, with no monetary penalty or independent monitor.
- New Prime v. Eaton Corporation – Represented defendant in action brought by an indirect purchaser in federal court in Missouri alleging monopolization, exclusionary conduct, fraud, unfair competition, and unjust enrichment. Granted full dismissal of complaint at motion to dismiss stage.
- In re Ductile Iron Pipe Fittings Antitrust Litigation – Represented McWane, Inc. in price fixing and monopolization class actions brought by direct and indirect purchasers and received favorable settlement after aggressive merits and class defense.
- In re Cast Iron Soil Pipe and Fittings Antitrust Litigation – Represented McWane, Inc. in direct and indirect purchaser price fixing class actions and granted favorable settlement after aggressive merits and class defense.
Mergers and Acquisitions/Competitor Collaborations
- Ingevity Corporation – Represented Ingevity Corporation in its acquisition of Georgia-Pacific's pine chemicals business for $315 million.
- American Industrial Partners – Represented AIP, a leading midmarket private equity fund, in the combination of the Goss International and Manroland Web Systems printing press businesses. Received clearance from the German Bundeskartellamt and the Austrian Bundeswettberwerbsbehörde without conditions in Phase 1.
- Merck & Co., Inc. – Counseled Merck in connection with its oncology collaboration with Eisai Co., Ltd.
- Merck & Co., Inc. – Counsel for Merck in various potential acquisitions.