- Pipeline company in a Texas state court lawsuit in which the court granted dismissal of the plaintiffs' constitutional claims and denied their request for injunctive relief seeking to enjoin our client's $2 billion pipeline project.
- Pipeline company in a Texas federal court lawsuit in which our client sought declaratory and injunctive relief against Texas city that passed ordinance targeting its $2 billion pipeline project.
- International LNG seller and transporter in a LCIA arbitration in which the panel dismissed $150 million claim against our client based on a complicated, long-term contract for the sale and purchase of LNG.
- Electric utility in a Illinois federal court lawsuit involving power purchase agreements for two wind farms that resulted in a favorable outcome.
- International energy companies in Louisiana and Texas federal court lawsuits involving OCSLA decommissioning obligations.
- International energy company in AAA arbitration involving AMIs and Participation Agreements in the Permian Basin.
- Private equity firm in Oklahoma, New York, and Texas state court lawsuits involving lender liability claims and foreclosure disputes over JOAs and other oil and gas assets in Oklahoma and Texas.
- Multiple international and national energy companies on produced water issues and related litigation risks under New Mexico and Texas law.
- International natural gas producer on the interpretation of oil and gas leases, JOAs, and related COPAS accounting issues.
Securities and Shareholder Litigation
- Independent directors in Delaware Court of Chancery case in which the court granted dismissal with prejudice purported direct claims against our clients and the Delaware Supreme Court affirmed the dismissal.
- International exploration and production company and its officers and directors in securities class action in Texas federal court and related government investigations.
- Clients in partnership dispute in Texas state court and AAA arbitration.
- Multiple clients as lead attorney in cases involving personal injuries, property damage, and subrogation claims.
- Insurance company in Texas state court lawsuit involving breach of contract and bad faith claims and the jury returned a take-nothing verdict.
- Multiple energy companies in Texas state court lawsuit involving wrongful death claims that resulted in favorable outcome.
- Multiple clients in proceedings to recognize foreign-country money judgments against judgment debtors in California and Texas.
Pro Bono Experience
- Ongoing representation of asylum applicant.
- Elderly person in case involving physical and financial abuse that resulted in a favorable outcome.
- Local non-profit organizations on litigation risk and insurance coverage issues.
- Estate planning documents as part of the Dress for Success Will-A-Thon