Sonia Namutebi advises on a broad range of UK and international corporate matters, with a focus on venture capital, mergers and acquisitions and private equity in the technology, life science and energy sectors. In addition, Sonia provides commercial, intellectual property and data privacy advice on a broad range of commercial agreements including MSAs, global distribution agreements and SaaS and PaaS agreements.
- Liberty Latin America Ltd on its sale of its subsidiary Cable & Wireless Seychelles, to a consortium of local investors.
- FinTech company Flex-e-Vouchers Ltd on the sale of its gift card services business to EML Payments Limited.
- Oak Group, Inc. (a software and healthcare service provider) on the sale of substantially all of its assets including the outstanding share capital in The Oak Group (UK) Limited to Vitalhub Corp.
- Broadex Technologies UK Ltd on its acquisition of assets of out of administration from Kaiam UK Limited and the administrators.
- Green Running Limited on its acquisition of assets out of administration from Labrador Ltd and the administrators.
- A software technology company on its global distribution and licensing agreements.
- A HealthTech company on its series A investment round.
- A data privacy software company on its bridge financing.
- A FinTech company on its corporate restructuring.
- Multiple clients on their compliance with GDPR, the transfer of data outside of the EEA, privacy policies and data subject rights.
- Blue Duck Education Ltd - sale of EdTech maths education business to Westermann Group.*
- Twizoo Ltd - sale of venture capital backed online comparison business to Skyscanner.*
- Codebashing Ltd - sale of cyber security training business to Checkmarx.*
- Yandex NV on the combination of Yandex and Uber ridesharing businesses in Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus and Georgia.*
- SK Capital Partners on its sale of IBA Molecular to private equity funds advised by CapVest Partners LP.*
- CitizenMe Ltd - venture financing of data analytics and personal data management business.*
- Confidential public company client (listed on the LSE) on the consolidation and restructuring of its equity securities.*
- Confidential public company client (listed on the NYSE) on the restructuring of its equity securities.*
- Private Equity investor on the acquisition by its portfolio companies of UK and U.S. life sciences businesses.*
- Private Equity investor on series B investment in a technology business.*
- A private equity investor on the acquisition and development of a battery storage project in the United Kingdom.*
- A large Japanese conglomerate on its acquisition of battery storage project companies across the UK.*
- Independent oil & gas company on its acquisition of upstream assets in Canada, Italy and Australia.*
- Independent oil & gas company on its acquisition of upstream assets in Turkey.*
*Prior to joining Baker Botts
Global Legal Chronicle