Allison Watkins Mallick’s environmental practice involves litigation and regulatory compliance counseling relating to a wide variety of environmental issues. Ms. Mallick represents clients in government enforcement actions and private citizen suits arising under the Clean Air Act, class actions concerning environmental property damage claims, and other toxic tort litigation. Ms. Mallick also represents clients in appellate cases, including challenges to EPA regulations and defense of challenges to Title V operating permits under the Clean Air Act. In addition to litigation, she also handles hazardous waste site remediation issues and regularly counsels clients on regulatory compliance matters. Ms. Mallick monitors and reports on environmental regulatory and litigation developments related to the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Endangered Species Act, CERCLA, and RCRA; represents clients in administrative proceedings; and advocates for clients participating in the federal agency rulemaking process.
Before attending law school, Ms. Mallick was a research associate at the Environmental Law Institute, where she researched implementation of delegated state programs under the federal Clean Water Act, including National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit programs; analyzed state programs to control aquatic invasive species; assessed ways to improve government agency management through the use of meaningful goals and progress metrics; and helped run the Annual Boot Camp on Environmental Law.
- Utility Company - Representation in citizen suit filed under the new source review program of the Clean Air Act
- Utility Company - Representation in citizen suit filed under Section 112 of the Clean Air Act, including work on appeal before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Utility Company - Representation in government enforcement action alleging violations of prevention of significant deterioration (PSD) and Title V requirements of the Clean Air Act
- Water Provider - Representation defending class action litigation filed following chemical spill impacting water supplies
- Manufacturing Facility - Representation in class action lawsuit based on state common law tort claims involving alleged interference of use and enjoyment of property from air emissions
- Manufacturing Facility - Representation in negotiations with state agency regarding voluntary remediation of soil and groundwater
Private Equity Report: Volume 1 Issue 3
Baker Botts 2016 Annual Environmental Seminar
Baker Botts lawyers host this semi-annual meeting consisting of a group of electric generating companies to discuss key developments, network with key contacts, and leverage relationships in the power sector.