U.S. Department of Justice Antitrust Division
- United States v. General Dynamics Corp. and Newport News Shipbuilding Inc., Civil No: 1:01CV02200 (D.D.C., filed Oct. 23, 2001)
- United States v. UPM-Kymmene Oyj and Bemis Company, Inc., Civil No. 03C 2528, 2003-2 Trade Cas. (CCH)74,101 (N.D. Ill. 2003)
- United States v. Premdor Inc., International Paper Company, and Masonite Corporation, Civil No.: 01-01696, (D.D.C. filed Aug. 3, 2001), 66 Fed. Reg. 45,326 (Aug. 28, 2001), 2002-2 Trade Cas. (CCH) 73,737
- United States v. Central Parking Corporation and Allright Holdings, Inc., Civil No. CIV-99- 00652, (D.D.C., filed Mar. 16, 1999), 64 Fed. Reg. 15,795 (Apr. 1, 1999), 2000-1 Trade Cas. (CCH) 72,809
- Fresenius AG in its US$3.5 billion three-to-two acquisition of Renal Care Group, Inc. to become the leading U.S. dialysis service provider
- Bowater Incorporated in its US$8 billion consolidation with Abitibi-Consolidated Inc. to form AbitibiBowater, the largest North American newsprint manufacturer
- Yahoo! Inc. in its US$225 million sale of HotJobs.com Ltd. to rival electronic job-board provider Monster Worldwide, Inc.
- A consortium of investors led by Macquarie Bank Limited in its US$7.4 billion acquisition of the electric energy and natural gas utility Puget Energy, Inc. and its affiliate Puget Sound Energy
- Crompton Corporation in its US$1.8 billion acquisition of Great Lakes Chemical Corporation to form Chemtura Corporation, the third-largest publicly traded U.S. specialty chemicals manufacturer
- Eli Lilly and Company in its US$6.5 billion acquisition of Imclone Systems Incorporated
- Natural gas utility Nicor Gas in its proposed US$2.4 billion sale to AGL Resources Inc.
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc. in its US$2.54 billion sale of its government-consulting business to The Carlyle Group
- BellSouth Corporation in its US$5.85 billion sale of wireless assets in ten Latin American countries to Telefonica, S.A.
- Dofasco Inc. in its US$5.6 billion merger with leading North American integrated steel manufacturer Arcelor S.A.
- Hubbell Incorporated in its US$360 million acquisition of FCI Americas, Inc. d/b/a/ Burndy from private equity firm Bain Capital LLC
- Covanta Holding Corporation in its US$450 million acquisition of certain waste-to-energy generating plants from Veolia Environnment S.A.
- Cargill, Incorporated in its US$4.5 billion joint venture with IMC Global to form leading fertilizer company the Mosaic Company
- Cogentrix Energy, LLC in its sale of its Ouachita Power electrical generation plant to Entergy Corporation
- Agensys, Inc. in its US$537 million sale to Astellas Pharma, Inc.
- Energy Capital Partners in its sale of FirstLight Power Enterprises, Inc. to GDF SUEZ
- Integrated Device Technology, Inc. in its sale of its network search engines business to NetLogic Microsystems, Inc.
- Satyam Computer Services Limited in its US$550 million sale of a controlling interest to Mahindra & Mahindra Limited