SJ Beaumont advises clients on a wide range of corporate matters, including cross-border mergers, private acquisitions, public takeover offers. She has business fluency in French and has transactional experience in France and the wider Francophone world.
SJ lectures part-time at the Notre Dame Law School on the subject of Cross-Border Transactional M&A. She also leads the firm's summer internship programme with the Social Mobility Foundation.
Prior to joining Baker Botts in June 2016, SJ worked as a Trainee Solicitor at a magic circle firm in both London and Paris.
- Liberty Media Corporation - Advised on the acquisition of its interest in Formula One, the iconic global motorsports business, from a consortium of sellers led by CVC Capital Partners
- Forum Energy - Advised on the sale of its subsea rental division (based in Houston, Aberdeen and Singapore) into the Ashtead group, and establishing a joint venture between Forum and Buckthorn private equity over the operation of Ashtead
- Halliburton - Advised on the acquisition of a UK upstream oil and gas services company from management and private-equity sellers
- Bristow Group Inc. - Advised in connection with its petition for relief under Chapter 11 of the U.S Bankruptcy Code, as well as the $75 million term loan facility provided by certain creditors in connection with the petition and the $150 million debtor-in-possession loan facility
- Pelican Energy Partners - Advised on the acquisition of Maxwell Downhole Technology Limited from Lynx Drilling Tools Limited and Colin John Malcomson by Lodestar International OpCo. LLC
- Public Joint-Stock Company "Sovcombank" - Advised on the acquisition and subsequent merger with joint-stock Bank "Rosevrobank"
- Public Joint-Stock Company "Sovcombank" - Advised on the acquisition of Garanti Bank - Moscow
- Advised oilfield services client on its global joint venture and key strategic alliance
- ARTERIORS Home - Advised on private equity firm Norwest Equity Partners, LP's investment into industry-leading designer and distributor of premium lighting and furnishings business with showrooms in Dallas, London and Los Angeles
- National oil company - Advised on divestiture of its downstream assets in South America
- Advised majority shareholder of UK hospitality business in relation to a shareholder dispute, corporate restructuring and subsequent insolvency of the group
- UK lead on two private equity NDA hotlines for key firm clients
Awards & Community
Winner of Transatlantic M&A Team of the Year (Large Deals) at the Transatlantic Legal Awards, 2017