PALO ALTO, June 12, 2020 – Baker Botts L.L.P., a leading international law firm, announced today that the firm earned 27 lawyer recognitions in Legal 500 US 2020, an increase of 12 from last year. In addition, the firm maintained two “Tier 1” Oil & Gas rankings and had a total of 40 practice rankings, also an increase from 2019.
Eleven lawyers were recognized for the first time, in a total of 12 categories:
- Lisa Kattan (Leading Lawyer) – Intellectual Property: Patents: Litigation (International Trade Commission)
- William Kroger (Leading Lawyer) - Industry Focus: Energy Litigation: Oil and Gas
- Kent Mayo (Leading Lawyer) - Dispute Resolution: Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action-Defense: Toxic Tort
- David Sterling (Leading Lawyer) - Dispute Resolution: Securities Litigation: Defense
- Elaine Walsh (Leading Lawyer) - Industry Focus: Energy Transactions: Conventional Power
- Scott Elliott (Next Generation Partner) - Industry Focus: Environment: Regulatory
- Amy Pharr Hefley (Next Generation Partner) - Dispute Resolution: M&A Litigation Defense
- Bridget Moore (Next Generation Partner) - Dispute Resolution: Corporate Investigations and White-Collar Criminal Defense: Advice to Corporates
- Jessica Pulliam (Next Generation Partner) - Dispute Resolution: Securities Litigation: Defense
- Emil Barth (Rising Star) - Industry Focus: Energy Regulation: Conventional Power; and Industry Focus: Energy Regulation: Oil and Gas
- Stephanie Cagniart (Rising Star) - Dispute Resolution: General Commercial Disputes
In addition, the firm earned the following Tier 1 practice rankings:
- Industry Focus: Energy: Litigation: Oil & Gas
- Industry Focus: Energy: Transactions: Oil & Gas
The firm also maintained a number of Tier 2 practice rankings and moved up to Tier 2 in both Patent Litigation: International Trade Commission and in Environment: Litigation.
To view Baker Botts’ complete results in Legal 500 US 2020, click here.
ABOUT BAKER BOTTS L.L.P.
Baker Botts is an international law firm of approximately 725 lawyers practicing throughout a network of 14 offices around the globe. Based on our experience and knowledge of our clients' industries, we are recognized as a leading firm in the energy and technology sectors. Since 1840, we have provided creative and effective legal solutions for our clients while demonstrating an unrelenting commitment to excellence. For more information, please visit bakerbotts.com.