This website is provided by international law firm Baker Botts L.L.P. (a limited liability partnership established in Texas, USA and by affiliated entities of Baker Botts L.L.P. practising under the Baker Botts name in other jurisdictions and its affiliated entity Baker Botts (UK) LLP (a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales), together referred to on this website as “Baker Botts." Baker Botts has offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, New York, Palo Alto, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Brussels, London, Moscow, Beijing, Hong Kong, Dubai, and (in association) Riyadh.
Baker Botts L.L.P. operates offices at the following addresses in the USA:
- Austin: 98 San Jacinto Boulevard, Suite 1500, Austin, Texas 78701-4078, USA
- Dallas: 2001 Ross Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75201-2980, USA
- Houston: 910 Louisiana Street, Houston, Texas 77002-4995, USA
- New York: 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, New York 10112-4498, USA
- Palo Alto: 1001 Page Mill Road, Building One, Suite 200, Palo Alto, California 94304-1007, USA
- San Francisco: 101 California Street, Suite 3600, San Francisco, California 94111, USA
- Washington, D.C.: The Warner, 1299 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20004-2400, USA
Baker Botts (Belgium) L.L.P. operates an office in Brussels at the following address:
- Square de Meeȗs, 23-Box11, Brussels, B-1000, Belgium
The London office of Baker Botts is operated by Baker Botts (UK) LLP, an affiliated entity of Baker Botts L.L.P. Baker Botts (UK) LLP is a limited liability partnership incorporated in England and Wales under number OC333302 and is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) with SRA ID number 472037. Baker Botts (UK) LLP is a firm of solicitors and registered foreign lawyers who practise from the following address:
- 41 Lothbury, London EC2R 7HF
A list of the members of Baker Botts (UK) LLP and their professional qualifications is available for inspection at its registered office at 41 Lothbury, London EC2R 7HF. The term “partner”, when used in relation to Baker Botts (UK) LLP, means a member or a person with equivalent status to a member.
The SRA Standards and Regulations contain the rules of professional conduct which apply to all solicitors and the firm and these can be viewed on its website at www.sra.org.uk. Members based in the London office who are not admitted as solicitors in England and Wales are subject to regulation by the SRA and the relevant regulatory body in their jurisdiction of admission.
VAT registration number: GB 710 6377 54.
Baker Botts L.L.P. operates an office in Moscow at the following address:
- Suite 50, Ducat Place II, 7 Ulitsa Gasheka, Moscow 123056, Russian Federation
Baker Botts L.L.P. operates offices in the People's Republic of China at the following addresses:
- Beijing: 702 Beijing International Club Office Tower. 21 Jianguomenwai Dajie, Beijing 100020, People's Republic of China
- Hong Kong: 1402 York House, The Landmark, 15 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong, SAR, China
Baker Botts L.L.P. operates offices in the Middle East at the following addresses:
- Dubai: Emaar Square, Building 6, 7th Floor, P.O. Box 23425, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia (in association with Law Office of Mohanned bin Saud Al-Rasheed): Mashareq Tower, 7th Floor, King Fahad Road, Mo’tamarat District, Cairo Square – Southwestern Corner,P.O. Box 62982, Riyadh 11595, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Complaints Handling Procedure
We define a complaint as an oral or written expression of dissatisfaction which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, distress, inconvenience or other detriment.
We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.
In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. If you would like to make a formal complaint, then you can read our full complaints procedure here. Making a complaint will not affect how we handle your case.
What To Do If We Cannot Resolve Your Complaint
The Legal Ombudsman may help you if we are unable to resolve your complaint ourselves. They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.
You must usually take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
- within six months of receiving our final written response to your complaint
- no more than six years from the date of act/omission; or no more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint
If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.
Call: 0300.555.0333 between 9am and 5pm
Postal Mail: Legal Ombudsman, P.O. Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
If a complaint relates to an invoice, you may also be entitled to apply to the court for an assessment under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974
The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help you if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.
You can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority, www.sra.org.uk.
Professional indemnity insurance: Baker Botts (UK) LLP is required to hold professional indemnity insurance. In accordance with the disclosure requirements of the Provision of Services Regulations 2009, its insurer is Pembroke Managing Agency Limited, a participating insurer for the purposes of the SRA Indemnity Insurance Rules 2013 located at:
Pembroke Managing Agency Limited
8 Fenchurch Place
Tel: +44 (0) 207 337 4400
The insurance coverage is for claims brought against Baker Botts (UK) LLP wherever arising and is not therefore subject to territorial restriction.
Financial Services regulation
Baker Botts (UK) LLP is not authorised under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but it is in certain circumstances able to offer a limited range of investment services to clients because it is regulated by the SRA. It can provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services it has been engaged to provide.
This firm is not authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority. However, we are included on the register maintained by the Financial Conduct Authority so that we can carry on insurance distribution activity, which is broadly the advising on, selling and administration of insurance contracts. This part of our business, including arrangements for complaints or redress if something goes wrong, is regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. The register can be accessed via the Financial Conduct Authority website at www.fca.org.uk/firms/financial-services-register.