Baker Botts is pleased to sponsor the GCR Live IP, Antitrust & Innovation conference on Tuesday 13 March, 2018 at Hotel Amigo in Brussels, Belgium.
We are delighted to announce that the conference will include a keynote address by Tommaso Valletti, Chief Competition Economist, European Commission. Baker Botts Antitrust partner, Paul Lugard, will co-chair the program with Theon van Dijk, E.CA Economics, Brussels.
Panels at this year’s event include:
• FRAND litigation: Is more EU-wide guidance needed and helpful?
• Innovation in merger assessment
• Competition policy in the digital age
• The role of IP in the Internet of Things
• Riccardo Celli, O’Melveny & Myers, Brussels
• Gregory Crawford, Professor of Economics and Director of Graduate Studies, University of Zurich, Zurich
• Thomas Deisenhofer, Head of Unit E4, Merger Control, DG Competition, European Commission, Brussels
• Hans Friederiszick, E.CA Economics, Berlin and Brussels
• Patrick Hofkens, Director, IPR Policy, Ericsson, Brussels
• Susan Jones, Head Corporate Legal Antitrust, Novartis, Basel
• Andrzej Kmiecik, Van Bael & Bellis, Brussels
• Birgit Krueger, Head of General Policy Division, Bundeskartellamt, Bonn
• Kristina Nordlander, Sidley Austin, Brussels and London
• Pat Treacy, Bristows, London
• Stephen Weissman, Baker Botts, Washington, DC
• Alexandre de Streel, University of Namur, Brussels
• Karen Wong-Ervin, Director of Intellectual Property & Competition Policy, Qualcomm,Washington, DC
Click here for updates to the speaker list and conference program. For more information about the event, please contact Marie Carey.